Skip to main content

Moving On


Your personal adviser

Your Personal Adviser

When you turn 18, you will be allocated a Personal Adviser as opposed to a Social Worker. Your Personal Adviser will keep in contact and arrange meetings with you. They will visit you at home but can also arrange to see you in the community. Your Personal Adviser will give you advice, information and guidance to help you make the right decisions for you.

The visits from your Personal Adviser are your chance to allow your voice to be heard and speak to them about any problems you have as we don’t want things to happen that you do not want.

Changing your Personal Adviser

In exceptional circumstances, you can request to have your Personal Adviser changed. Request to speak to the Care Leavers 18+ Service Team Manager if you would like this to be considered as you will need to speak to them to discuss this.

Try to speak to your Personal Adviser to work out any issues that you may have first.

Contacting your Personal Adviser

You will be provided with your Personal Adviser’s mobile number and email address. They work from 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday and can offer you support during that time. Contact your Personal Adviser when you need them and agree who you can contact if you require them outside of their working hours.

The Out of Hours number is 03000 419191.

Occasionally, Personal Advisers leave. If this does happen, then your Personal Adviser will say goodbye to you at least 2-weeks before this. If this does not happen, we will explain to you why

Click on a link below to find out more...

Leaving Care Charter The Young Adult Council Challenge Cards You Said, We Did Your Personal Adviser Other Ways to have Your Say Participation Service Young Inspector Scheme Young Parents