Skip to main content

Moving On




This section will provide information on what financial assistance you can expect from Kent County Council. The amount of money that you will be provided with depends on your age and the accommodation that you stay in.

You will be provided with a Personal Adviser who you can ask for more information if you are uncertain about anything.  If you are assessed as not having the capacity to manage your money (after a Mental Capacity Assessment), the 18+ Service will identify who should look after it for you and support you to make the decisions you can.

The Preparing for Adulthood website has lots of ideas to support disabled young people.

Financial Support for 16 and 17 year olds

Financial Support for 18+

Other sources of funding