Skip to main content

Moving On




There are different kinds of housing with support and you will have a large say on where you wish to live once you have left care. Your social worker and personal adviser will visit you and where you choose to live will be agreed in your Pathway Plan.

If you are at university and require help with the cost of accommodation during holiday time, the Care Leavers 18+ Service will support you with this.

Staying on with foster carers is referred to as staying put and you can stay with your foster carer until the age of 21, if agreed. This will not affect your ability to obtain permanent tenancy and there are a range of different kinds of supported housing options that are available depending on your need.

Click on the sections below to find out about different housing options once you are 18 and are being supported by the Care Leavers 18+ Service. 

Independent and Social Housing 

Staying Put

Keywork Sessions

Supported Accommodation

University Accommodation in Holiday Periods

Moving Placement and School/College

Ongoing Housing Support

Council Tax