Skip to main content

Moving On


Council Tax

Council Tax

Council Tax is a payment for local services that many people over 18 are liable to pay. We will support you to claim all eligible Council Tax benefits and reductions, such as Council Tax Support, single person discount, student exemption etc.

From 1st April 2020, KCC will fund the Council Tax payments for young people aged 18 years old up to their 21st Birthday (aged 18-20 inclusive) who have been in Kent Local Authority Care and are eligible for the Kent Care Leavers Service. Only those care leavers who are on a tenancy agreement are able to access this payment. If you already have your Council Tax funded through the entitlements listed above, this should continue and you will not be affected by the scheme.

Click on a link below to find out more...

Independent and Social Housing Staying Put Supported Accommodation University Accommodation in Holiday Periods Moving placement and school/college Ongoing housing support Council Tax