Skip to main content

Moving On


Moving Placement and School/College

Moving Placement and School/College

The Care Leavers 18+ Service will aim to keep you safe in one place and if you do move we will try to make this planned.

If you must change school/college, we will make sure you are well supported with this transition and we will seek to adhere to the principles of staying close.

If you are unhappy in your placement, speak to your Social Worker or Personal Advisor and they will be able to guide you. You should attend your Child in Care Review and Pathway Planning meetings so you can talk about your placement and any plans that there are to move you. You will be fully involved in any housing decisions.

Click on a link below to find out more...

Independent and Social Housing Staying Put Supported Accommodation University Accommodation in Holiday Periods Moving placement and school/college Ongoing housing support Council Tax