Skip to main content

Moving On


Supported Accommodation

Supported Accommodation 

This is a supportive accommodation package for care leavers who are ready for independent living but require or would like extra help and support. In Kent, there is a range of housing with support. For example, some accommodation might be in shared houses or in single flats. 

The key purpose of supported accommodation is there will be staff on hand to support and guide you.  They might be there for certain parts of the day or sometimes, even 24 hours a day. You should engage with your support worker as they will help you access local services and connect with your local community.  If you have any problems setting in, your support worker will help you.

Supported Living 

If you are disabled, you may have your housing needs met by a Supported Living provider (and exceptionally in a Residential Provision).  The level of support you require from the provider will be detailed in your Pathway Plan.

Click on a link below to find out more...

Independent and Social Housing Staying Put Supported Accommodation University Accommodation in Holiday Periods Moving placement and school/college Ongoing housing support Council Tax