Skip to main content

Moving On


Contacting an Advocate

Contacting an advocate

If you would prefer to talk to someone independent of Kent County Council or feel like you need additional support to resolve a problem, you can talk to an advocate. Their role is to listen to your concerns and support you to find solutions which are in your best interests. They make sure you understand your rights and what you are entitled to as a young person in care or care leaver in Kent. With your agreement, they can attend meetings with you and contact people who work with you on your behalf.

Kent County Council have an independent Advocacy Service with the Young Lives Foundation. Their free phone number is 0808 1640096 or you can email

Click here to visit the YLF website

Click on a link below to find out more...

Contacting an Advocate Making a Complaint Advice and Help for Care Leavers