Skip to main content

Moving On


Studying away from Home

Studying away from Home

Funding may be available for care leavers who would like to access specialist courses outside of the local area. Please let your PA know if we can support your study.

This would have to be agreed by the Care Leavers 18+ Service Team Manager before the course is agreed. The two main types of funding are:

  • Residential bursaries from the college
  • Residential support schemes

You would need to share your progress and achievements for the support to continue.

Click on a link below to find out more...

Choices at 16 and beyond 18+ EET Team Learning full-time – Further Education Financial Support for Further Education Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) Apprenticeships and Training Volunteering and Work Experience University University Support for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Young People Additional Education Payments Travel Costs Studying away from home Finding Work Care Leaver Covenant Useful Links